Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Minimal server
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:53:54 +0100
On Donnerstag 13 November 2008 20:38:42 Richard Bos wrote:
Op Thursday 13 November 2008 20:16:48 schreef Richard Bos:
* now add your own packages to your home: - they will be build using
the stuff from Base:Build.

2 questions related to this:
- Am I correct that it is only possible to add 1 openSUSE version at a
time?   So if I want to provide multiple repositories e.g. 10.3, 11.0 and
factory, this method has to be executed 3 times, is it indeed like this?

- Is it only possible to include (build against) 1 other repository?  If
I want to build against (include) 2 other repositories (like e.g. the
hypothetical repositories devel:lang:perl and devel:lang:php), what would
be the best method?
  - build against (e.g.) devel:lang:perl and aggregate the php ones (or
the other way around
  - or just aggregate both
  - something else?

Hmmm, while reading this
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_reposi
tories_to_a_project would the following work for me:
# osc meta -e prj <project name>

and add the 2 lines with repository="openSUSE_11.0" to the project data,
like this:
<repository name="openSUSE_11.0">

You should not add the following line, because it will be anyway followed to
this one from the others.
But if you add it here, packages with the same name are taken from here
instead from the other projects. This could lead to an incompatible mix of
binaries:
<path project="openSUSE:11.0" repository="standard"/>

<path project="server:php:applications" repository="openSUSE_11.0"/>
<path project="devel:languages:perl" repository="openSUSE_11.0"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,