Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Minimal server
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:34:09 +0100
On Donnerstag 13 November 2008 18:53:59 John Kelly wrote:
Hi,

I want to build my own minimal server distro. I only use the web
client so far.

In my home project, I individually linked each package in Base:build,
one by one (very tedious!), until I had all 78 packages. After a long
time, they all built.

The tutorial mentions aggregate vs. link, but I could not see how to
link a whole project using the web client.

We have no complete project linking mechanismus yet.
We want it for the future, but we need also a better quota system to protect
us from getting DoS'd ;)

Anyone have suggestions for how to construct a minimal server distro,
with compiler and basic dev tools, tracking factory and/or the latest
stable release?

Biggest question here is, why do you want to compile or aggregate this at all
?

Wouldn't it be better just to collect the various packages with an imaging
system like kiwi ?

bye
adrian