[opensuse-buildservice] Updated openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:01:37 +0100

Hello,

we have an updated Build Service Roadmap on the wiki now. It describes the
features, we are working atm and what we will be able to release end of this
year :)

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Roadmap#Milestone_.27.27Aster.27.27_.28Version_1.5.29.2C_December_2008

The headline is to provide really everything, what we use to build our
openSUSE 11.1 distro, which is build in build.opensuse.org since Beta 1.

I think this makes us to the first Linux Distro who open source their
automated distribution building system.

We will provide beta package builds ASAP, with the goal to create an RC1 end
of this month.

have fun
adrian

PS: If some of us are not that responsive these days as usual (like me), this
is caused by the usage of openSUSE Build Service also for our internal SLE
products. We had to spend quite some time there, but it shows that the OBS is
really good enough also for enterprise products ! :)