[opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 8/RHEL kernel module packages - arch i386 problem
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:50:33 +0100

Hi,

I am just experimenting with the build server and Fedora kmod's.

The problem is that all the Fedora rpmrc stuff for the build server "arch
i586" comes with "i386" inside, which leads to a dependency problem with the
Fedora package "kernel-devel" when rpmbuild is called by the build server:

builder:/home/chris # chroot /tmp/root_2 su -c 'rpmbuild -ba --eval "%define
_srcdefattr (-,root,root)" /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/hso-kmod.spec' - abuild

error: Failed build dependencies:
kernel-devel-i386 = 2.6.23.1-42.fc8 is needed by hso-1.6.0-30.1.i386

The problem is that the Fedora package kernel-devel only
provides "kernel-devel-i586".

As a temporary solution I manually patched the "build" script
(/usr/lib/obs/server/build/build) of the build server to include "--target
i586". Well, it works,

but this is not good. So my question is:

Is there a possibility either by including something in the .spec file or by
including something into the .conf file of the project to produce a similar
effect?

There is the variable ABUILD_TARGET_ARCH in the "build" script, but how do I
set it using the .spec file or the .conf file?

many thanks!

cheers
Chris

http://www.acurana.de/