Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Metasploit and same type of packages
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:23:00 +0100 (CET)
Hello Adrian,

OK I won't upload it. It's a pitty that Germany doesn't allow sniff and
security test tools any more.

I hope the law will change.

Regards,

Joop.

On Freitag 07 November 2008 15:47:14 Joop Boonen wrote:
People of (open)SuSE/Novell @security,

I have a question. I would like to build a package for metasploit in the
buildservice.
As metasploit is controversial for for some people. As it's seen as a
hack
tool, but it's also a tool tool demonstrate vulnerabilities and to do
exploit tests on code and security testing.

Important I'm NOT building the package for people to exploit systems
that
they are not authorised to. I'm also against this.

I wonder if it's ok to build such a package in respect to legal issues
and
openSuSE/Novell policy.

I do not know the tool, but your description sounds like it is illegal in
germany according to the new laws from this year.

So I am sorry, please do not upload this to our servers (since Build
Service
is located in germany).

bye
adrian