Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Metasploit and same type of packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:20:33 +0100
On Freitag 07 November 2008 15:47:14 Joop Boonen wrote:
People of (open)SuSE/Novell @security,

I have a question. I would like to build a package for metasploit in the
buildservice.
As metasploit is controversial for for some people. As it's seen as a hack
tool, but it's also a tool tool demonstrate vulnerabilities and to do
exploit tests on code and security testing.

Important I'm NOT building the package for people to exploit systems that
they are not authorised to. I'm also against this.

I wonder if it's ok to build such a package in respect to legal issues and
openSuSE/Novell policy.

I do not know the tool, but your description sounds like it is illegal in
germany according to the new laws from this year.

So I am sorry, please do not upload this to our servers (since Build Service
is located in germany).

bye
adrian