Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debuginfo package creation
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:13:27 +0100
On Freitag 07 November 2008 18:36:41 Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
I have problems understanding the logic behind the debug(info|source)
package creation on the build service.
- Why would I want not to create them?
- Why there is a need for a BS specific option? I can add a
"%debug_package" line on a per-package basis
- Why games and emulation repos don't create debug packages, making
bigger packages, while mozilla repo creates them? Even funnier the
case of KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop, where debug packages are created for
11.0 and Factory but aren't for older distro versions.

it increases the build result a lot. We do not want to create them by default,
if the packager does not want them (nor bugreports) about it anyway.

We may get later also on disc quotas, so project/package owners can decide if
they want more packages or debuginfo instead on their own.

bye
adrian