Re: [opensuse-buildservice] missing key and not found on keyserver
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:17:16 +0100
Richard Bos wrote:
# gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 3dbdc284
gpg: requesting key 3DBDC284 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpgkeys: key 3DBDC284 not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

# gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys a7c72b33
gpg: requesting key A7C72B33 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpgkeys: key A7C72B33 not found on keyserver

When I try another it works.... How com that the keys of the buildserver are
not found on the keyserver? Should I use a different keyserver?

No, it will not help. It is happening because no one uploaded the
mentioned key to GPG keyserver. I'm not sure if this should be done
automatically by OBS now, but I had to manually upload key for X11:xfce
repository to GPG keyserver(s) a year ago.

For now I use --no-verify to continue the build. Looking forward to an
advice
how to deal with this.

PS: I use one trick. I add repo that contains problematic key with
zypper and then I remove it immediately. This will add key to cache.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12