[opensuse-buildservice] How does the download.opensuse.org/repositories work...
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:51:11 +0100
[Originally posted to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

..in respect to, who decides which packages and when to update them, and
who do the actual packaging ?

I know the home:/ repo's are individual users using the buildservice.

But how about, e.g. /repositories/server:/mail/ ?

The reason I am asking about server:/mail, is that 10.2 and 10.3 repo's
both contains new(er) versions of e.g. courier-imap, but 11.0 repo does not.
So, who decides that the 10.2 repo should contain new and updated
packages of courier-imap, but the 11.0 repo should not have courier-imap
at all ?

This is not a complaint, I'm just trying to understand the layout and
"package cycles" of download.opensuse.org/repositories.

Best regards
Sylvester Lykkehus