Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Automatic test for correct installation
  • From: Michael Behrisch <behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:04:01 +0100
Am Sonntag, 2. November 2008 16:02 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le mardi 28 octobre 2008, à 23:42 +0100, Michael Behrisch a écrit :
Hello,
as far as I understand it, there is currently no test whether
a package build by the build service can also be installed
(if it is not used by other packages).

My understanding is that the package gets installed and uninstalled as
part of a series of test at the end of the build.

I could not find anything that supports that assumption
in my buildlogs. But even if it is the case it would not be a
"clean" environment since all the BuildRequires packages
already have been installed which you cannot assume for a
user who just wants to install the built package.

I tried my testpackage approach now but unfortunately it is
not allowed to create empty RPMs on openSUSE:Factory.
Thus maybe I ask again. Is there an easier way to check
for correct installation?

Thanks for your help,
Michael