Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build question for packing precompiled binairies of a different platform
  • From: "Ulf" <mopp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:43:12 +0100
I was able to create a RPM package for AIX 5.3 with precompiled binaries.

First add these lines to your %description secion of your spec file.
Target: %_target
Target_cpu: %_target_cpu
Target_OS: %_target_os

Now create the package
The best way would be to do a : rpmbuild -ba <spec file> on the target platform
Or you can try a: # rpmbuild -ba --target ppc-ibm-aix <spec file>
Check the description of your create package, you will get the values for
_target, _target_cpu and _target_os.
In my case linux reported aix as _target_os, but it have to be aix5.3.

In case of AIX 5.3 you have to set these values, set them in your spec file:
%define _target ppc-aix5.3
%define _target_cpu ppc
%define _target_os aix5.3

and upload the spec file to OBS.

This will not solve your problem, but I think you have to do these things
anyway.

Ulf Lange
--
GMX Download-Spiele: Preizsturz! Alle Puzzle-Spiele Deluxe ├╝ber 60% billiger.
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/download/puzzle/index.html