Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to create a packageforopenSUSE:Factory
  • From: "Ray Wang" <rawang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:28:30 -0600
Hi Marcus,
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM, in message
<20081014152227.GA3271@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marcus
Hüwe<suse-tux@xxxxxx>
On 2008-10-13 20:41:29 -0600, Ray Wang wrote:
Hello Marcus,

I have 2 questions:
1) I want to branch a package, it prompt "branch target package
already exists",
does it mean some one own this branch? How do i contribute
this package?

If you didn't create the branch on your own the target project has
most
likely
defined a "develproject" (a project where the branches are created
and the
development takes place). So you either ask to get permissions to
this
develproject or you create the branch in your home project
(use "osc branch ... --nodevelproject).

Sorry I mixed something up here - if osc prompts that the "branch
target
package
already exists" it means that this is already somewhere in your
home:<user>:<project> project.

regards to the latter you have mentioned above, does it mean I
create a
branch
against to that branch (a develproject or what else), then i
submitreq to
that branch,
and that branch owner submitreq to openSUSE:Factory?

Exactly.

Thank you for your confirmation.

2) I found one package does not in openSUSE:Factory, so I'd like
to add
it in and take charge of it, how do i create one branches for
openSUSE:Factory.

Yes, i have read
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration
but could not find any thing that could solve my problems.

What about my second question? :)

I can't really answer this one:) but afaik there are no concrete
plans how
3rd
party packagers can contribute to factory.

Thanks here too.

---
Ray Wang (王磊)
Software Engineer