[opensuse-buildservice] non-OSI compliant packages in the openSUSE Build Service
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:54:17 +0200

I've read some concerns from other distributions about TrueCrypt (thread
starts here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/distributions/2008-October/000273.html)

TrueCrypt is indeed not OSI compliant, we have a policy that the build
service contains only OSI compliant packages and therefore I suggest to
put TrueCrypt on the blacklist (see
http://en.opensuse.org/Application_Black_List) under a heading "Packages
with non-OSI License" and get it removed.

Adrian, will you take the necessary steps, please?

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
  • No further messages