[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools:Devel: New snapshots for OBS with/without cross-build
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:56:01 +0200
Hi,

I am happy to announce another snapshot with current ( svn -r 5171 ) svn trunk
for OBS. As always, there are two versions:

- openSUSE:Tools:Devel/obs-all-svn - SVN snapshot of the normal OBS

- openSUSE:Tools:Devel/obs-all-cross - SVN snapshot of OBS with cross-build
- openSUSE:Tools:Devel/qemu-svn - SVN snapshot of the required QEMU used in
cross-build

Now I have also added sh4 and ppc cross-builds, although current qemu is not
able to run the generated cross-build environments. I have also been
successfull in adding Debian:Etch/ppc to OBS for testing ppc cross-build. PPC
users I can currently recomment only to use ppc native works, they
really work correctly.

In order to install qemu with preinstall, qemu-svn now has a baselibs.conf to
generate .arm.rpm, .ppc.rpm, .sh4.rpm packages that can be installed
from prjconf of a project then. Something similiar is missing for the debian
packaging, dont know atm how to do that.

Michael has now put some first parts of the worker infrastructure in place
(backend), so workers can report resources before jobs are scheduled. This
will in the future also be used in cross-build.

I have reduced the patch to remaining changes in osc/build, OBS
worker/dispatcher. They are compatible to normal .deb and .rpm operation in
case of
not using cross-build but native build. Other is submitted to OBS svn.

I plan to put in some automatic testing inside maybe openSUSE:Tools:Testing.

Dirk Müller has made no progress jet in getting Maemo:4.1 running, not all the
binaries seem to be available in .deb package format (some seem to come
as a chroot snapshot preinstalled), we have to clear that out with Maemo people.

Special thanks to Jan-Simon Möller for creating the .deb packaging of qemu-svn,
and for currently working on kiwi support also two work with .deb and
with cross-build.

Martin