Re: [opensuse-buildservice] putting .so files explicitly in /usr/lib and not in /usr/lib64
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:44:21 +0200
Christopher Lang wrote:
Hi Andreas,

But in general: Why do you want this? I consider it a bad idea...

yes, you are right, it is not ideal; I have some legacy code that has a
hardcoded /usr/lib in it, that I do not want to change.

There are (used to be?) plenty of packages out there with hardcoded
.../lib paths, but usually it's not hard to fix these.

Do you know how the rpmlint can be worked around or disabled during a build
server build?

Disable builds for Factory.

Michal