Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to verify and fix broken links?
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:03:07 +0200
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:07:52PM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 04:58:55PM +0200, Peter Poeml wrote:
I don't understand the circumstances when it happens very well.
An observation was that it might have to do with another submission
(of conflicting changes) to the target project.

There are two possibilities how broken links can happen:

1) the link target was modified because of another submission
and your patch set no longer applies.

I'm not sure if I have had this case. In fact, I thought that some of
the changes that were to be submitted (via submit request) were already
applied "upstream". But then it wouldn't be possible anymore that the
submit request gets applied. I'm not exactly sure if it was in my last
case - I thought so at least.

2) you continue changing your packet after you created a submit
request. osc creates the request with a revision, i.e. exactly
this revision is checked in.

If you continued to change your package, your new patch
set can no longer apply. The backend could also not replace
the link with an empty link (as you added new stuff, which
would get lost otherwise).

This is basically 1) with just the difference that it's not
a submission from another person, but your own submission
that kills the link.

It wouldn't happen if the submit revision contained no
revision, but maybe this is also not the right solution.

I see. I haven't thought this far before.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx