Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scenario
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:16:14 +0200
On 2008-09-19 12:46:39 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 16:46 +0100, Alin M Elena wrote:
Hi Dominique,

The best would be to have the svn checkout on one of your own
workstations, build up a tarball, commit it using osc and have new
packages come out at the end.

This can be automated using scripts / cron. (I have a similiar script
for one of my packages, getting packages from sv, updating the spec file
with the release number, equal to the svn rev)

This is exactly what I want to avoid. The existence of the third actor.

Alin

I'll fix up my script a bit on the weekend and publish it here... hope
this won't be to late for you.

I think it would be great if/when you do this that we could get it. Maybe
we could get a SUSE/Novell, repo for such things. A community/contrib
location for OBS and packaging.

Hmm openSUSE:Tools might be appropriate for such things but instead of
publishing various scripts which are able to check out sources from
svn, cvs, git etc. we should integrate such a feature directly into the
buildservice (IMHO).
In the past a lot of people requested such a feature but as the main obs
devs are busy with other more important things this might be a nice task for
the community:) - I would really like to help to integrate such a feature into
the obs (are there any other volunteers?).

Marcus