Re: [opensuse-buildservice]
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:40:22 -0300
On Friday 19 September 2008 11:02:18 Alin M Elena wrote:
Hi,

I want to implement the following scenario on obs.

prelims
1. I have a project hosted on an svn service (googlecode)
2. The project builds with cmake.
3. I generate .rpm and .deb packages via cmake

scenario -- I want to setup a build project on obs
1. Import and update the source files from the svn
2. build the packages for the chosen distros.
3. automate the process s.t. daily if there are changes in the svn the
packages get regenerated.

Here's a simplification of what I do on my local build service. I additionally
have a daemon that receives notification from a CVS hook to do automated
builds as soon as something is checked in, but this script, run manually or
via cron, should be sufficient for most people.

It's set up to use CVS, but it should be trivial to adapt it to Subversion.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx