Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to disable rpmlint check "devel-file-in-non-devel-package (Badness: 50)"
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:10:19 +0200
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:49:17AM +0200, Lars Vogdt wrote:
On Di 16 Sep 2008 23:12:08 CEST Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
E: devel-file-in-non-devel-package (Badness: 50)
/usr/share/dink/dink/Story/S3-BOWL.c

These are files required during runtime by the game engine, not C
sources! How can I disable this rpmlint check?

Adding the file rpmlintrc with the following content

# This line is mandatory to access the configuration functions
from Config import *
addFilter("freedink-data devel-file-in-non-devel-package")

Try something like:
----
# files required during runtime by the game engine, they are not C sources
addFilter("devel-file-in-non-devel-package.*/usr/share/dink/dink/Story/.*")

Great. Works fine. :-)

- not the package name is the first arg - it's the rpmlint-check name.
- use .* between the tag and other args (just if for example the badness
score is changing)
- restrict the filter to the files you've checked that they should ignored
(don't use something like addFilter("devel-file-in-non-devel-package")
which will also work
- add a comment to your filter and explain why it is needed

Thanks for explanation. I used an example, which apparently no longer
works - or never worked at all (rpmlintrc in ati-fglrxG01). :-(

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany