Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Howto: Build kernel modules with build service
  • From: Ann Davis <andavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:32:11 -0600
Ulf wrote:

Ann thanks a lot for your hint. This makes my life easier. I didn' t know
anything about the stable kABI.

As openSUSE is out of scope, I' ll not ask howto handle it on these systems ;-)

Thanks,
Ulf

A quick note: The modules have to be installed in the /lib/modules/<kernel>/updates directory in order for the "automatic reuse" to work, so make sure that you do build them in accordance with the packaging manuals on http://www.suse.de/~agruen/KMPM/ .

Ann