Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help wanted: releasing osc packages
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:19:41 +0200
Peter Poeml wrote:
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 03:01:43PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

Le mardi 16 septembre 2008, à 14:25 +0200, Peter Poeml a écrit :

Hi,

a release of a new osc package has been overdue. My apologies for not
finding the time to do it during the last weeks. I'm putting together a
package now.

Since there is no reason to wait on me with this stuff (it just needs a
little changelog editing), I wanted to ask whether someone from the
community would be happy to give a hand in this. Anyhow, feel free to
just update the package anytime, when there's something missing.

Just wondering: how do you update the package? Do you manually create a
tarball with a new version? I assume we should submit a new package via
the build service, right? ;-)

I was referring to the osc package in the build service's project named
"openSUSE:Tools".

What I do is:

* increasing __version__ in osc/core.py (not required, but can be useful)

* reading the svn changelog and updating the NEWS file, so it reflects
the changes

* v=0.XXX; svn export

'https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/clientlib/python/osc'
osc-$v && tar czf osc-$v.tar.gz osc-$v

* paste the NEWS into the RPM .changes file and into the
debian.changelog file

* osc commit.

* request submission of the package from openSUSE:Tools into openSUSE:Factory.

I could do that for you. I put it into openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/osc. Have
no write access to openSUSE:Tools.

I do regular snapshots anyway in the openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/obs-all-svn
(all means all packages, like build, osc, obs-server etc.) anyway

Martin