Re: [opensuse-buildservice] kiwi inside obs
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:31:54 +0200
On Donnerstag 11 September 2008 08:18:49 Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
Hi all!

I hacked tonight and got my app to write a my config.xml for kiwi.
My questions are now:
* will the kiwi-inside-obs support the known config.xml (+ X.foo ) or is a
special format used ?

You need to upload it as something.kiwi

You need to specify all used repos via "obs://project/repositoy" URLs.
It is also needed to change the build type in the project config. Add
something like:

%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
%else
Type: spec
%endif

This will build kiwi images for the "images" repository (and nothing else) and
rpm builds for all other repos in that project (and no kiwi builds).

* how is the root-folder (tree to copy over the
image) implemented ? tar.gz ?

yes, just tar it as "root.tar.gz" and place it besied.

Use case: our users won't have root-access to run kiwi from cmdline, so i
need to find a nice solution.

Currently, the kiwi implementation is unsecure, because it does not run within
XEN. So an evil hacker might get root permission on your build systems ...

You can limit kiwi builds by specifing the projects which are allowed to build
kiwi in BSConfig.pm currently.

bye
adrian