Re: [opensuse-buildservice] download packages on demand (hackweek project)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:03:09 +0200
On Montag 01 September 2008 20:16:43 Marcus Hüwe wrote:
Hi,

during the last hackweek I worked on the obs so that it is able to resolve
dependencies using metadata and that it download certain packages on
demand.

What and Why:
If you install a local obs you have to setup the initial distributions. If
you want to build against a distribution like openSUSE which is already
part of the "official" obs you can use the remoteurl feature. In case your
preferred distribution isn't hosted on the "official" obs you have to setup
the base distributions on your own. The first step is that you have
download the complete package tree. IMHO it is really annyoing to download
_lots_ of GBs if you just want to test something. Another reason why I did
it is that I wanted to get some more knowledge about the backend:)
So during the hackweek I implemented something which just downloads the
required packages on demand (precondition: the backend needs access to the
internet).

cool stuff. We may can deliver our packages of OBS with some preconfigured
projects using this feature. It makes sense esp. for frequently changing
repos. Do you have an "is up 2 date" check inside ?

I would like to see support for rp-md repos before of course ;)
(esp. for Packman)

bye
adrian