Re: [opensuse-buildservice] FC workers produce i586 rpms, OS 11 produce i386!!
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:10:16 -0400
Been looking into this more and found the build arch in the build root different, it looks ok on the obs server if i run a local build:

bash-3.2# rpm --showrc|head
ARCHITECTURE AND OS:
build arch : i586
compatible build archs: i686 i586 i486 i386 noarch fat
build os : Linux
compatible build os's : Linux
install arch : i686
install os : Linux
compatible archs : i686 i586 i486 i386 noarch fat
compatible os's : Linux

but on a worker with opensuse 11 if I run a local build of same package, I get the following in the build root:

bash-3.2# rpm --showrc | head
ARCHITECTURE AND OS:
build arch : i386
compatible build archs: pentium3 i686 i586 i486 i386 noarch fat
build os : Linux
compatible build os's : Linux
install arch : pentium3
install os : Linux
compatible archs : pentium3 i686 i586 i486 i386 noarch fat
compatible os's : Linux

Any idea why those are different?

Anas

Anas Nashif wrote:
Hi,
I am noticing a strange behavior of workers running on different distributions. Workers running on opensuse 11 produce *.i386.rpm packages while workers running on fedora produce *.i586.rpm (the expected result).
Local builds on the OBS server produce the expected i586 rpms, but using local builds on one of the opensuse 11 workers which has a minimal installation produces i386 rpms.

Any hint on what might be the problem or the cause and how to fix it?

Anas