Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Requiring a generic webserver
On 2008-08-29 18:00:57 +0200, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
Hello, I'm starting to learn OBS and for that I'm trying to package a
program that requires a webserver to be installed. I've looked at a sample
spec file from a Fedora RPM and it simply solves the problem by specifying:

Requires: webserver

So I'm wondering, is this possible in OBS/OpenSUSE? Is 'webserver' a
meta-package that let's the user choose between the available webservers?
(apache, cherokee,...)

You could use httpd or http_daemon (at least apache2 provides these, although
not all webservers (like lighttpd) have it).

BTW, it happens the same with the dependency "smtp-daemon" in this fedora
rpm I'm mentioning.
Yes smtp-daemon is available on suse too.

And I recently asked a question on IRC about this, but
related to database engines so, if this is supported, can I do something
similar for requiring mysql OR postgresql? (As I've been told that rpm
doesn't support this out of the box; I wonder if we should advocate for a
RFE upstream about a new "packageor()" keyword.)

You might want to use "Suggests" or "Recommends".

Marcus