[opensuse-buildservice] Requiring a generic webserver
  • From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:00:57 +0200
Hello, I'm starting to learn OBS and for that I'm trying to package a program that requires a webserver to be installed. I've looked at a sample spec file from a Fedora RPM and it simply solves the problem by specifying:

Requires: webserver

So I'm wondering, is this possible in OBS/OpenSUSE? Is 'webserver' a meta-package that let's the user choose between the available webservers? (apache, cherokee,...)

BTW, it happens the same with the dependency "smtp-daemon" in this fedora rpm I'm mentioning. And I recently asked a question on IRC about this, but related to database engines so, if this is supported, can I do something similar for requiring mysql OR postgresql? (As I've been told that rpm doesn't support this out of the box; I wonder if we should advocate for a RFE upstream about a new "packageor()" keyword.)

Thanks in advance,

Andrés