Re: [opensuse-buildservice] BuildService documentation not acceptable
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:54:37 +0200
Dirk Stöcker wrote:
Hello,

now I'm with the build service from the very beginning and know a lot
stuff how to use it, but this week I wanted to try something new and
needed documentation for it.

It is impossible to find anything useful about buildservice project
configuration:/

a) I wanted to know how to use Prefer:, Substitute:, Ignore: and all
the others. There is no documenation on the wiki pages and also nowhere
else a I tried was a link to helpful information. But when I know what I
search and after hours don't find anything, a beginner will fail totally.

Part of it is there, on the Tips and Tricks page:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#How_is_a_buildenvironment_defined.3F
. But I agree that the existing documentation is hard to navigate :-(.

Michal