[opensuse-buildservice] Call for help and participation in the openSUSE Forums
  • From: "Rupert Horstkötter" <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:44:17 +0200

during the merge of sf.net, sls.de and the openSUSE support forums at
forums.novell.com into the official openSUSE Forums, we decided to
establish a dedicated subsection for questions about the openSUSE
Build Service. In addition to that, there's a section dealing with
programming/scripting in general. The ultimate goal of that approach
was to achieve synergies for the OBS out of the openSUSE Forums
(especially to achieve the participation of folks not that used to
mailinglists). Unfortunately these sections in the Forums are not that
frequently used, questions by newbies could not be answered
appropraite as we lack participation of advanced folks in
programming/scripting and packaging.
Therefore I'd like to ask you if it would be possible for you to help
us and participate in the following section of the openSUSE Forums?
http://forums.opensuse.org/programming-scripting/
The OBS section is designed as a subsection here,
http://forums.opensuse.org/programming-scripting/opensuse-build-service-obs/
The whole OSF staff would be pleased if you'd be able to help out and
provide some of your experiences to new and existing users interested
in the OBS and programming/scripting in general.
As I said we hope to achieve synergies and bring you back some folks
interested, but not that used to mailinglists and prefer the Forums as
a communication medium.
I myself wrote an article at lizards.o.o 2 months ago, that is maybe
worth a read in that context,
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2008/06/17/nntp-access-to-the-opensuse-forums/
I'd love to get an insight into your thoughts about it. Suggestions
for further attracting of developers/packagers to use the OSF (besides
NNTP) are certainly welcome and appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Rupert

--