Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OSC upstream integration
On 2008-08-25 15:59:01 +0200, Marek Stopka (M4r3k) wrote:
Hi, currently I am working on upstream integration in BuildService. I
have first patch for OSC. If you want to, you can take a look. If you
have any related ideas, feel free to reply.

For make this totally work, we also need to extend server backend of
buildservice... I am thinking about some special "upstream scheduler"
which have information about all _upstream files and trying "svn co"
(or offcourse similar command for other supported SCM) which are
compared with previous release numbers (stored "somewhere" :-) ) and
if they are different new tarball are created and changes are
commited. Do you have better idea how solve this problem?

I don't know if the backend is the right place to implement this. For
instance the official obs backend has no access to the internet and
therefore it won't be possible to checkout the sources from the net.

Marcus