Re: [opensuse-buildservice] spec file wizard - how to proceed?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:54:35 +0200
What is with having an own service for this but handle it via the API ?
We could run this service inside of a chroot or maybe even on a remote
system,
but not necessary on the backend server. This service would work on the
scanning jobs sequential to avoid the DoS. You would need to implement some
kind of waiting procedure in the frontend for this to give the user feedback

Sounds like a good idea - implement the wizard in the API, but have a
separate service (behind the API) to extract tarballs etc. What do the
others think? From an administrative POV - is it possible to get a
(virtual) machine for this? (I know you guys are currently busy with the
storage problems...)

I'm working on it (again), see
http://idea.opensuse.org/content/ideas/package-wizard-for-the-build-service

Michal