Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with rpmlint?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 03:02:29 +0200
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:01:56 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: missing-dependency-to-cron for logrotate
script /etc/cron.d/policyd-spf

File a bug if you think this to be a real bug.

I get hardcoded-packager-tag Boyd, but when I remove it I get an error
that it is missing. The packager tag.

Seems like another bug in rpmlint. I'd suggest to file a second bug
report for this.

There is no %changelog tag in your spec file. To insert it, just insert a
'%changelog' in your spec file and rebuild it.

but there is a %changelog in my spec file.

That message is misleading. What it does want is a separate file named
<pkg_name>.changes containing the changes. See the sources of any
official package for the format.

I get a lot of these.
script-without-shebang /usr/lib/policyd-spf/policydspfsupp.py

That's because the scripts are missing a

#! /usr/bin/python

at the top.

I want /usr/share/doc/packages/python-policyd-spf/ directory only with
755 but then I get the files being +x. Forcing a chmod does not seem to
fix the rpmlint problem.

Use %attr in your spec. See
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch09s05.html#id2972829
for an explanation.

I am really frustrated with the rpmlint stuff.

Yeah, rpmlint can be frustrating at times.

Philipp