Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Requesting to create a top level project for evolution
  • From: Chenthill <pchenthill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:44:31 +0530
On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:29 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sunday 17 August 2008 13:50:43 Chenthill wrote:
Hi,
We would like to create a top-level project for evolution to provide
daily builds from svn trunk. Since we do not have sufficient
permissions, it would be great if someone creates it for us or grant
permissions for the same.

What about GNOME:Evolution ?

sounds good!!

We also have some queries on using build-service for creating builds
from svn sources,

* Does build-service has an option to check-out sources from svn..

only client side atm:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Upstream_Integration

We plan to do this also on the api server since a long time, but had no time
to work on this yet. Any helping hands are welcome for this :)
Same also for server side download of tar balls.

* Is it possible to set an option which triggers build at set intervals
(daily/weekly etc.)

could be implemented, but does not exist.

I searched for the above options, build could not find them. If its not
there already, is someone working on it? If someone is working on it, we
would love to get involved contribute to the same :)

Please read the wiki page mentioned above. I would be happy if you could work
on this feature on the api/frontend part. You may want to install a local
build service via the rpm packages, but checkout and run the frontend code
from svn afterwards.

please tell / come to IRC channel if you need further help.
Sure. I will have a look at the wiki and go through the code there and
come back on irc. Srindhi (build engineer) was also interested in
hacking in free time. We will work together and try to get something
here faster :)

thanks, Chenthill.