[opensuse-buildservice] Problems with rpmlint?
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:34:22 -0600
I really do not understand a lot of the rpmlint junk. For example in

Package python-postfix-policyd-spf (Project home:gerberb)

I have in my spec file.

# Requires: python cron

I have also tried

# Requires: python
# Requires: cron

But I get this error message.
python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: missing-dependency-to-cron for logrotate
script /etc/cron.d/policyd-spf

This package installs a file in /etc/logrotate.d/ or in /etc/cron.*/ but
doesn't require cron to be installed. as cron is not part of the essential
packages, your package should explicitely require cron to make sure that
your logrotate or cron job is executed.

But as you can see it does require cron..

There are others, but I just changed the spec file back to the first one
above. I am also confused about shbang?

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>