[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] if the community contributed?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:02:57 +0200
I have few possible ideas here:
1. Convince community to integrate stable third-party packages into
openSUSE Factory
2. Convince community to make a big, united third-party repository
3. Build third-party repo myself in openSUSE build service
4. Build third-party repo myself in private server

I really believe that #1 is best idea, but due to opposition I don't know.
Perhaps I will need to evaluate other options.

What about going for #2 initially and gradually integrating packages
matching certain criteria (popularity, maintainability, etc) into Factory?

I agree with #2, but this means we will need to setup
"factory-candidate-packages" repository/Build service project.

I need permission, so this will allow me to start moving packages into there.

Ask for permission on the buildservice list (again :)).

Michal