Re: [opensuse-buildservice] kde41
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:39:06 +0200
On Tuesday 12 August 2008 09:09:37 Dirk Mueller wrote:
On Monday 11 August 2008, Peter Czanik wrote:
..
b) if you're interested in using KDE 4.1, you should use the
KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop repository. the repo you tried, which is most
likely KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop is shipping KDE 4.2, which is, as you
noticed, completely untested and partly broken.

that is not true, I run it here on my notebook. So, yes partly broken, but
usable and tested ! ;)

c) there is a ppc architecture support in the OBS, so packages for ppc
should appear quite soon (as soon as the build has been enabled by the site
administrator).

What will not happen as long we lack virtualization. I have no timeline for
this atm.

nothing provides kdebase4-workspace = 4.1.60 needed by
kdebase4-session-4.1.60-17.6.i586

[ ] do not install kdebase4-session-4.1.60-17.6.i586

I believe this error has already been fixed, because from looking at the
current spec files this can't happen.

hm, there is no 4.1.61 yet on the public servers, dunno why.

bye
adrian