Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Dependency error
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:36:08 +0200
Peter Bowen wrote:
On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 08:12 +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
You have

<useforbuild>
<disable/>
</useforbuild>

in your project meta (osc meta prj home:pzb:ruby). With this setting,
the bs won't use built packages from your project to build other packages.

Thanks. Is it by design that it will use packages from the project
built before useforbuild is disabled?

I think it is (Michael please correct me if I'm wrong): in a normal
project, built packages are stored in a special directory for each
repo/arch:

osc req /build/home:pzb:ruby/openSUSE_11.0/i586/_repository/

Packages from there are used to build further packages. Now disabling
useforbuild disables propagating built packages to the _repository
subdir, but doesn't remove packages which are already there ('osc
wipebinaries' should do that).

Michal