Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Re: OBS design error?
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:06:43 +0200
On 2008-08-04 22:30:00 -0400, Chris Frey wrote:

<SNIP>

I don't know how the meta data is stored in the backend, and maybe using
files like that would make things harder for other clients, such as the
webclient.

Well in fact it is stored as a file but for this "special" file there's
no history (so you can't lookup who modified the metadata etc.). But you're
able to read/write the metadata (for example you can use
https://api.opensuse.org/source/<project>/_meta to modify the project's
metadata).

So as a workaround, I wrote this patch, since it was already half way
there. Someone else had already implemented it for packages, I just
added it for projects as well. I only meant it as a cache of what is
on the server.

It's not an ideal patch, since the cached version should also be updated when
the user edits it, but it's a start.

This is not possible - for instance in osc's case you can modify the metadata
even if you don't have a working copy of a project/package.

I'd still prefer to see config data stored as files, though, and would
happily see my patch dropped if movement was made in the files direction.

Marcus