Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Opensuse API doc
  • From: "Petit Eric" <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:32:22 +0200
2008/8/7 Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:51:12PM +0200, Petit Eric wrote:
Hi i try to write a C# dll to use opensuse API, i use
https://api.opensuse.org/apidocs#61 for doc , there is a more complete
doc/description, for example if i want to set user data :
PUT /person/<userid>
I gess after i should put somthing like :
?realname=test
But it doesn't work
Another thingh missing for example is the list of aviable tag and metada.
All GET should be okay, but most of PUT are not compety documented.

Yes, it's really lacking.

Your best bet is to observe what osc, the command line client is doing
and reverse engineer from there.
hum really hasardous task, not a twice time, my brain say enouth of
reverse engenering lol
osc was write by suse/novell, they certainly have a better doc/spec,
this not public.
I start the project here and shear generous guy to finish to copy/pste
the heavy part (all the function) :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/monoosc/
code is in the svn, the engine(basic and simple) is finish, there is
also a "samlpe" to use it.

osc can "explain" what it does. Use -d as global option to see all URLs
of requests issued, and -H to for the gory details.

Of course you could also look at the code.

The example you mentioned loosely corresponds to the 'osc -e meta user
<userid>' command. In that particular case, the data is XML which is
sent in the request body. The XML being the complete data blob.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development

--