Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools* for ppc targets
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 00:05:18 +0200
Peter Czanik wrote:
Martin Mohring írta:
would you mind that we activate the compilation of the OBS itself (openSUSE:Tools*) for ppc targets, so the ppc users can grab it there without problem? How far have you come with putting the ppc binaries of the wished distros into build repos?
This would be great. Then I would not need to build the BS locally, before I can install it :-)
BTW: are those little PPC fixes now included in the 'official' BS sources?
Apart from not beeing selectable in the Webclient "Add Repository" > "Architecture" switchbox, ppc is fully funtioning and the build packages of obs-server work fully on ppc (I test all of the OBS Snapshots inside openSUSE:Tools:{Unstable,Devel}/{obs-server-svn,obs-server-test} also with ppc targets, I have ppc workers here). Everything else for ppc is in subversion source tree.

Adrian: when do you plan to import some ppc distro packages (in status if I remember correctly it was stated something about limited ppc support)? To build against a ppc distro is dependent on that task. Should I add the ppc target inside src/webclient/app/views/project/add_target.rhtml in subversion?

Martin