Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scripts & build service
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:32:17 +0200
Lars Vogdt schrieb:
On Di 05 Aug 2008 21:37:41 CEST Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was wondering what is a reasonable frequency to download those files,
since I don't want to be blacklisted for abusing bandwidth... Any idea
about this? I was thinking of doing it every hour (or more often, if
possible).

What about using hermes (http://en.opensuse.org/Hermes) for this?
=> You'll get a message or something else (see the agents) whenever a src in your watchlist changes. You can take this message as trigger - or just the included diff to update your list. Ask Klass for details.

This would indeed be the best solution. However, the notification system
probably won't be usable for this task for another week or two. So go
ahead an poll until hermes is ready.

One hour interval should be fine.

Andreas