Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scripts & build service
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:24:07 +0200
Le mercredi 06 août 2008, à 00:15 +0200, Lars Vogdt a écrit :
On Di 05 Aug 2008 21:37:41 CEST Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was wondering what is a reasonable frequency to download those files,
since I don't want to be blacklisted for abusing bandwidth... Any idea
about this? I was thinking of doing it every hour (or more often, if
possible).

What about using hermes (http://en.opensuse.org/Hermes) for this?
=> You'll get a message or something else (see the agents) whenever a
src in your watchlist changes. You can take this message as trigger - or
just the included diff to update your list. Ask Klass for details.

Sounds cool. Details very much welcome -- being able to poll a website
for the changes since last poll could be great.

I've implemented a kind of cache (ie, if the md5 & size of the files I'm
interested in haven't changed in metadata, I keep the version I have
locally) -- so it should already make things better, although it still
means downloading metadata from all source packages.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.