Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: OBS design error?
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 21:49:55 +0200
On 2008-07-31 22:55:12 -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:53:38PM +0200, Marcus H?we wrote:
osc already stores the package meta in the .osc/_meta file. It might make
sense to do the same for the project meta. Or are you talking about
something
else?

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. :-) I didn't realize it
was partly implemented already, as I was on version 104, so I grabbed
the latest SVN, and copied the pac implementation to update prj too.

Here's the patch. I hope someone can review it and possibly commit it.

Your patch looks good but before I commit it I've a general question:)
Why do you want to store the metadata in the .osc/ dir? If you want to have
a backup of your metadata simply run "osc meta prj <project>" after you
modified your project's metadata. In case we store it in the osc dir you
have to check your metadata all the time before you run "osc up" otherwise
it'll be replaced with the new version.

Marcus