Re: [opensuse-buildservice] PATCH: updating the URL via "osc updatepacmetafromspec" (was: How to easily create OBS package from specfile)
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 21:38:43 +0200
On 2008-08-01 14:54:47 +0200, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
Hi,

On 07/29/2008 09:47 PM, Michal Marek wrote:

I'm asked to fill in the package title and description. Couldn't this
step be
avoided as the description and title are already available in the package
specfile?

run 'osc help' and look for the commandwiththelongestname ;)

(ok, it's "updatepacmetafromspec")

And with the patch attached it even updates the URL, based on the "URL:" tag
from the spec file :)

The patch also fixes a small bug in the spec file parsing. If a string after a
given tag contains a colon (like an URL), it would be truncated.

Can you please make sure this patch gets applied? Or should I rather submit a
bug report about this? Thanks!

I just applied a slightly modified version of your patch.
Thanks!

Marcus