Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:18:45 +0200
Le mardi 29 juillet 2008, à 15:48 +0200, Dirk Stöcker a écrit :
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Michal Marek wrote:

* For the end-user, using buildservice packages is IMO as easy as using
distribution packages.

Not. it is not. But openSUSE 11.0 is going good steps into the right
direction. Some Buildservice search and repository integration in the
yast package search would be a final step.

For example the package search in yast could have the option to also
search the buildservice and allow (easier than now) to register a new
project as data source.

(sorry for replying late, got some mail issues)

I do believe that it would be a step forward to have the core official
repository and a second repository where "everything else" lives, if
only to avoid conflicts. Right now, many people have the same packages
in various repositories. Even just using packman creates some issues, so
adding a few other repositories can only create a worse situation.

What would be bad about having an openSUSE:Community repository where we
can put everything that is not in the core repository (after some
review, of course)?

Don't get me wrong: it's good to be able to create repositories on the
build service, but I see this more like the places where we can work on
the package to do some cool new stuff...

(oh, and I really think it'd be best to have only one repository, but I
can understand why we don't want this)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.