Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS design error?
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:53:38 +0200
On 2008-07-30 17:28:20 -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
Hi,

While working with OBS, I've noticed that all the meta data configuring
the projects and packages is stored only on the server, and is treated
with special commands.

This has the disadvantages of making it harder for users to backup their
projects locally. It is a key piece of information that does not follow
the source code and spec files.

It would be really useful if this information were at least cached in
the .osc subdirectories somewhere, in my opinion.

osc already stores the package meta in the .osc/_meta file. It might make
sense to do the same for the project meta. Or are you talking about something
else?

Marcus