Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:28:29 +0200
On Tuesday 29 July 2008 17:22:10 Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 02:22:56PM +0000, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Anyway: since openSUSE is sort of "open", I believe there should be
some kind of mechanism to allow integration of new packages into the
core distro.

The Wishlists in the Wiki, and now openFATE.

How do I get openFATE and to access it. I have been waiting for it for a
long time. I did not see it mentioned in the Project meeting.

openFATE does not yet offer to create new entries yet. Therefore it is not yet
released officially.

Again, we need to clarify which packages we want to take. The technical
mechanism is there already (except for one bugfix). But I see the need for
clarification how to deal with new package requests much more important and
time consuming.

bye
adrian