Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Amilcar do Carmo Lucas <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:27:42 +0200
On Tuesday 29 July 2008 16:15:02 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Or even: in some eastern european countries and internet DSL flat rate
also costs ~ 25EUR / month.... nevertheless, not so many are sold.
simply because a typical income per month is 200 EUR... now tell me: do
YOU spend more than 10% on your internet access?
No, I do not.

My point was maybe missunderstood. What I want to say is:

The IT infrastructure of the ENTIRE world is evolving very fast. Prices are
falling, and quality is increasing. It is forceable (predictable) that in the
future good internet connections (flatrate or not, DSL or wireless) will be
available at affordable prices.
And that is why I believe that off-line is going to become very rare.
The only reason I think that off-line is going to continue to exist on some
punctual situations is: security. Off-line systems can not be attacked from
outside.

I hope my point is clear now.
--
Amilcar Lucas