Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:15:17 +0200
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Adrian Schröter escribió:
Or ask for write access there.
There was no real discussion yet how to handle new packages btw ...

I think we should estabilish something like the Fedora package review
guidelines.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

Fedora's Package Review Guidelines are a nice checklist for measuring
quality of packages, however, in our case, the most important question
IMHO should be: "Does this package *need* to be part of the core
distribution?". For many packages a home in the buildservice
repositories is actually the better option:
* Buildservice packages can be updated after distro release quite easily
(and without wasting space in you repositories)
* Can be provided for released distributions
* For the end-user, using buildservice packages is IMO as easy as using
distribution packages.

just my two cents,
Michal