Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:45:12 +0200
Am Montag 28 Juli 2008 09:43:34 schrieb Alexey Eremenko:
Hi All !

There are lots of packages in the build-service, but I still consider
those as "third-party", because they aren't part of openSUSE Factory
tree,
therefore they won't become part of openSUSE 11.1 release.

I would like to take the job of integrating *stable* packages from the
community's Build Service home projects,
and taking them to Factory.

Unstable packages will remain as-is (third-party).

I will begin with my own package: "banner" :)

Now: May I get commit access ?

No ;)

The thing is that only a very small group has write access to Factory and they
need to review the submissions for security reasons.

To be able to scale with this setup, we have the maintainers in the "devel
projects" which are responsible for the packages and do a first review of
submitted changes. So when you like to update a package, you need to submit to
these places. Or ask for write access there.

There was no real discussion yet how to handle new packages btw ...

bye
adrian