Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Newbe need some advice
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:17:23 +0200
On 2008-07-25 23:13:23 +0200, Stefan Werden wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed openSUSE:11.0 with obs

Works fine and obs is running :)

In the docs of obs-spi README.SETUP, there is a Test mentioned:

6.1. Test build
===============
You can do a test build like this:

(in a svn co of the current openSUSE build server, in the
buildservice/dist subdir)

What does this mean? I did not get it. Sorry, need some advice

Now prepare for a check-in. This will do a checkout and locally build
using the packages from your local buildserver:

OBSOPT="-A http://127.0.42.2"; ./distribute

So where comes distribute from. It's not part of the obs-packages nor
workers-package

Yes this script lives in svn
(https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/dist/distribute).
You can only run this script if you have a checkout of the obs' svn repo. But
for a "normal" user this doesn't make sense IMHO.

Marcus